Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Permission denied while scanning ASM disks (12C R2)
Permission denied while scanning ASM disks [message #679015] Tue, 28 January 2020 08:26 Go to next message
ramy_send2010@yahoo.com
Hi,

While trying to scan ASM disks using the grid user, I faced the following error

[grid@node1 source]$$ oracleasm scandisks

Reloading disk partitions: done
Cleaning any stale ASM disks...
Scanning system for ASM disks...
/usr/lib/oracleasm/oracleasm-Xshlib: line 182: /var/log/oracleasm: Permission denied

the command is working without any problem with root user.
how can I solve this issue ?

Thanks & Regards
Re: Permission denied while scanning ASM disks [message #679032 is a reply to message #679015] Wed, 29 January 2020 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
You would need to provide full information of how you have configured the discs and the ASMLib.

Alternatively, use the ASM Filter Driver instead. I think the ASMLib is still supported, but you really shouldn't be using it in 12.2 and later.
Re: Permission denied while scanning ASM disks [message #679034 is a reply to message #679032] Wed, 29 January 2020 07:41 Go to previous message
ramy_send2010@yahoo.com

Thanks for your reply.

I installed ASM RPM packaged and I used openfiler OS to create disk and added it to Redhat OS. I used fdisk comand to create the a partition, then I used oracleasm command to configure,create disks,scan disks and list disks.
Previous Topic: External Table with Tab Delimiter Loads Data Wrong
Next Topic: Disable Oracle Feature
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:51:47 CDT 2024