Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » Index creation performance problem with LOB/CLOB content (11.2.0.4 PB12 Windows x64)
Index creation performance problem with LOB/CLOB content [message #632479] Sun, 01 February 2015 10:18 Go to next message
ab-md
Hi,

i have a problem with the indexing performance with a table that contains some text columns
and also a clob and a lob column.

indexing with 20.000 rows takes about 1 hour on 11.2.0.4 with latest patch bundle 12 on
win x64.

on a 11.2.0.1 the process is done in a few minutes.

so what can i do to find out where the problem is?

i use auto filter and basic lexer.
OS is W 2008 R2 with latest SP and patches. OS lang is english.
DB is installed with AL32UTF8 and german and english language packs.

also looked and ctx_user_index_errors and pending and there are no errors or pending rows.
after index creation all works fine. during index creation no other user is logged on to the database.

so why 11.2.0.1 is so much faster than 11.2.0.4?
some advices for me?

Thanks!
Re: Index creation performance problem with LOB/CLOB content [message #632487 is a reply to message #632479] Sun, 01 February 2015 16:14 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
I can't say for sure, but my best guess is that it is the auto_filter, which is now the default. Oracle Text went through a lot of changes to the third party auto_filter between versions and that can affect index performance. I don't know that there is anything that you can do to make it better. You might try posting your question on the OTN Text forum:

https://community.oracle.com/community/database/text/content

Previous Topic: Oracle Text Search Performance issue with frequent words
Next Topic: Materialized view having oracle text index not returning results after complete refresh
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 01:13:29 CDT 2024