Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Flashback Data Archive - Problem (11G)
Flashback Data Archive - Problem [message #520484] Tue, 23 August 2011 01:56 Go to next message
piotrtal
Hello,

I need store history for two tables in my system. I thought that Flashback Data Archive will be the best option. There is also another ways to do this but don't focus on this. I need to to this by FDA (Flashback Data Archive);

So my prerequisition was to create tablespace and flascback archive, and alter table to be archived.

create tablespace audit_archive datafile 'd:\oradata\teta\audit_archive.ora' size 100M;

create flashback archive audit_flash_archive
tablespace audit_archive quota 10G retention 10 year;

alter table teta_admin.t_prac flashback archive audit_flash_archive;

and everything works fine but on sys user.
i can query this table using "as of timestamp" clause

select prac_id, imie, imie_2, nazwisko, nr_ew from teta_admin.t_prac as of timestamp to_timestamp('2011-08-23 08:20:00','yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss')

but final construction of idea was to create additional user (interface), grant select on teta_admin.t_prac object and query archive data from interface user.

and this is point of my failure. this don't work on new user.

interface user have such sys privs:

SQL> SELECT * FROM dba_sys_privs
  2  WHERE grantee = 'INTERFACE';

GRANTEE                        PRIVILEGE                                ADM
------------------------------ ---------------------------------------- ---
INTERFACE                      CREATE SESSION                           NO

and table privs:

SQL> SELECT * FROM dba_tab_privs

GRANTEE                        OWNER                          TABLE_NAME                     GRANTOR                PRIVILEGE
------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------
INTERFACE                      TETA_ADMIN                     T_PRAC                         TETA_ADMIN                     INSERT
INTERFACE                      TETA_ADMIN                     T_PRAC                         TETA_ADMIN                     DELETE
INTERFACE                      TETA_ADMIN                     T_PRAC                         TETA_ADMIN                     ALTER
INTERFACE                      TETA_ADMIN                     T_PRAC                         TETA_ADMIN                     FLASHBACK
INTERFACE                      TETA_ADMIN                     T_PRAC                         TETA_ADMIN                     SELECT

what i need to do in order to query this flashback table from interface user.

when i try to do this from this user oracle says ORA-00942.

thanks in advance.
Re: Flashback Data Archive - Problem [message #520486 is a reply to message #520484] Tue, 23 August 2011 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piotrtal
Im sure that this issue is caused by lack of some sys priv - but i don't know which one.

I granted all sys privs to this user and it started work.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2011 02:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Flashback Data Archive - Problem [message #520488 is a reply to message #520486] Tue, 23 August 2011 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piotrtal
FLASHBACK ANY TABLE is not enought. there must be another privileges, but i don't know which one.
Re: Flashback Data Archive - Problem [message #520498 is a reply to message #520488] Tue, 23 August 2011 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1/ Post your Oracle version WITH 4 DECIMALS
2/ Keep your lines of code and result in 80 character width
3/ " everything works fine but on sys user" What does this mean? What works, what don't? SHOW US!
4/ SHOW US! SHOW US! SHOW US! Do NOT explain, SHOW US! How can you expect we tell you what you did wrong if you don't SHOW US what you did?

Regards
Michel
Re: Flashback Data Archive - Problem [message #520504 is a reply to message #520488] Tue, 23 August 2011 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
You should check out the privileges FLASHBACK ARCHIVE ADMINISTER and FLASHBACK ARCHIVE.
But are you sure you want to use this facility? It costs US$5800.00 per CPU, on top of your Enterprise Edition licences. I see it as being intended for enabling compliance with legal requirements (usually for financial regulations) more than something you would actually use on a regular basis.
Re: Flashback Data Archive - Problem [message #520506 is a reply to message #520498] Tue, 23 August 2011 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piotrtal
Michel Cadot wrote on Tue, 23 August 2011 09:59
1/
4/ SHOW US! SHOW US! SHOW US! Do NOT explain, SHOW US! How can you expect we tell you what you did wrong if you don't SHOW US what you did?

Regards
Michel

I thought that my description was enough to understand my issue - sorry.

this is my log: (permissions for INTERFACE user are like previous)

SQL> show user
USER is "SYS"
SQL>   select prac_id, imie, imie_2, nazwisko, nr_ew from teta_admin.t_prac as of timestamp to_timestamp('2011-08-22 11:32:33','yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss') where rownum <=0;

no rows selected

SQL> show user
USER is "SYS"
SQL>   select prac_id, imie, imie_2, nazwisko, nr_ew from teta_admin.t_prac as of timestamp to_timestamp('2011-08-22 11:32:33','yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss') where rownum <=1;

PRAC_ID IMIE            IMIE_2          NAZWISKO                                 NR_EW
---------- --------------- --------------- ---------------------------------------- --------------------
     0001 XXX                           YYY                                000

SQL> connect interface
Enter password:
Po│╣czono.
SQL> show user;
u┐ytkownik to "INTERFACE"
SQL>   select prac_id, imie, imie_2, nazwisko, nr_ew from teta_admin.t_prac as of timestamp to_timestamp('2011-08-22 11:32:33','yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss') where rownum <=1;
  select prac_id, imie, imie_2, nazwisko, nr_ew from teta_admin.t_prac as of timestamp to_timestamp('2011-08-22 11:32:33','yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss') where rownum <=1
                                                                                                                                                                  *
BúąD w linii 1:
ORA-01031: niewystarczaj╣ce uprawnienia

this is issue. from SYS i can get historical data but from inteface i can't.

after GRANT ANY TABLE to interface user I can get this historical table but it can't be done this way. interface user should have rights only for teta_admin.t_prac table - nothing more.

SQL> connect / as sysdba
Po│╣czono.
SQL> grant select any table to interface;

Pomyťlnie przyznano uprawnienia.

SQL> connect interface
Proszŕ podaŠ has│o:
Po│╣czono.

PRAC_ID IMIE            IMIE_2          NAZWISKO                                 NR_EW
---------- --------------- --------------- ---------------------------------------- --------------------
     0001 XXX                           YYY                                000

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2011 03:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Flashback Data Archive - Problem [message #520510 is a reply to message #520504] Tue, 23 August 2011 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piotrtal
John Watson wrote on Tue, 23 August 2011 10:15
You should check out the privileges FLASHBACK ARCHIVE ADMINISTER and FLASHBACK ARCHIVE.
But are you sure you want to use this facility? It costs US$5800.00 per CPU, on top of your Enterprise Edition licences. I see it as being intended for enabling compliance with legal requirements (usually for financial regulations) more than something you would actually use on a regular basis.

John, the same situation:

SQL> grant FLASHBACK ARCHIVE ADMINISTER to interface;

SQL> grant FLASHBACK ARCHIVE to interface;
grant FLASHBACK ARCHIVE to interface
BúąD w linii 1:
ORA-00990: brakuj╣ce lub niepoprawne uprawnienie

SQL> grant FLASHBACK ANY TABLE to interface;

SQL> SELECT * FROM dba_sys_privs

GRANTEE                        PRIVILEGE                                ADM
------------------------------ ---------------------------------------- ---
INTERFACE                      FLASHBACK ARCHIVE ADMINISTER             NO
INTERFACE                      CREATE SESSION                           NO
INTERFACE                      GRANT ANY OBJECT PRIVILEGE               NO
INTERFACE                      GRANT ANY ROLE                           NO
INTERFACE                      FLASHBACK ANY TABLE                      NO
INTERFACE                      GRANT ANY PRIVILEGE                      NO

6 wierszy zosta│o wybranych.

SQL> connect interface
Proszŕ podaŠ has│o:
Po│╣czono.
  select prac_id, imie, imie_2, nazwisko, nr_ew from teta_admin.t_prac as of timestamp to_timestamp('2011-08-22 11:32:33','yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss') where rownum <=1
                                                                                                                                                                  *
BúąD w linii 1:
ORA-01031: niewystarczaj╣ce uprawnienia

we have Enterprise Edition. does this functionality (i mean: FLASHBACK DATA ARCHIVE) should be purchased for this edition?
Re: Flashback Data Archive - Problem [message #520516 is a reply to message #520510] Tue, 23 August 2011 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piotrtal
you are right John. i didn't know that this is an option in Enterprise Edition
http://www.oracle.com/us/products/database/options/total-recall/index.html

because of that, I give up with this solution. I will try to find another way of storing historical data for some tables without interference to my production schema. I think of FGA (Fine Grained Auditing), but in order to make FGA usable for me, I need to write some additional logic (procedures/function) for translating data from FGA tables to the final usable result.
Re: Flashback Data Archive - Problem [message #520521 is a reply to message #520506] Tue, 23 August 2011 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I thought that my description was enough to understand my issue - sorry.

How could you completly describe something you don't understand what happens, what is missing, why there is an error...?
You can describe to make us understand what you want to do, but you must show for us to know what is wrong in what you do.

Regards
Michel
Re: Flashback Data Archive - Problem [message #520524 is a reply to message #520521] Tue, 23 August 2011 04:48 Go to previous message
piotrtal
Michael,

what didn't you understand from my description?
Previous Topic: Dbms_Redefinition issue
Next Topic: V$session_Longops issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:21:40 CDT 2024