Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Granted privileges but not able to see in DBA_SYS_PRIVS table (Oracle 9i.)
Granted privileges but not able to see in DBA_SYS_PRIVS table [message #514380] Mon, 04 July 2011 06:51 Go to next message
shamsh_pervaiz
Hello All,

I have been granting "ALTER ANY MATERIALIZED VIEW" to a role but not able to see the same granted in DBA_SYS_PRIVS.

Please find the example I have:
*************************************************************************************
/forum/fa/9157/0/
*************************************************************************************

I have used the image for the first time, so pasting the sql prompt output as well:
SQL> select * from v$version where banner like 'Oracle%';

BANNER
----------------------------------------------------------------
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.5.0 - 64bit Production

SQL> grant ALTER ANY MATERIALIZED VIEW to OPS_1ST_LINE;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> select * from dba_sys_privs where grantee = 'OPS_1ST_LINE';

GRANTEE PRIVILEGE ADM
------------------------------ ---------------------------------------- ---
OPS_1ST_LINE CREATE SESSION NO
OPS_1ST_LINE ALTER ANY SNAPSHOT NO

SQL> commit;

Commit complete.

SQL> select * from dba_sys_privs where grantee = 'OPS_1ST_LINE';

GRANTEE PRIVILEGE ADM
------------------------------ ---------------------------------------- ---
OPS_1ST_LINE CREATE SESSION NO
OPS_1ST_LINE ALTER ANY SNAPSHOT NO

SQL> SELECT * FROM DBA_SYS_PRIVS WHERE PRIVILEGE = 'ALTER ANY MATERIALIZED VIEW';

no rows selected
Please let me know why is this grant not been shown. Is "ALTER ANY MATERIALIZED VIEW" not present for Oracle 9i database.

Thanks
Shamsh Pervaiz
Re: Granted privileges but not able to see in DBA_SYS_PRIVS table [message #514383 is a reply to message #514380] Mon, 04 July 2011 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
A "snapshot" is another term for "materialized view".
Re: Granted privileges but not able to see in DBA_SYS_PRIVS table [message #514384 is a reply to message #514380] Mon, 04 July 2011 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
"Materialized Views" used to be called "Snapshots" in older versions. Perhaps that's a relict of those older name that the grant still is named that way.
Re: Granted privileges but not able to see in DBA_SYS_PRIVS table [message #514388 is a reply to message #514384] Mon, 04 July 2011 07:12 Go to previous message
shamsh_pervaiz
Thanks for the inputs..
Previous Topic: DB_LINKS uses user account
Next Topic: how to set mgmt_p1-mgmt_p8 using create_plan_directive
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 03:59:09 CDT 2024