Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » tablespaces in autoextend settings (Oracle 10g R2, AIX 6.1)
tablespaces in autoextend settings [message #511050] Thu, 09 June 2011 04:11 Go to next message
reym21

Sirs,

I just want to know what are precautionary measures if tablespaces in a database is in autoextend mode. I'm wondering if these tablespaces reached its maximum sizes.
In our case, we are administering a database (turned over by our outsourcer after a 2-year maintenance) with SAP interface, and we noticed that most of it's tablespaces were created with initial size of 2Gb up to a maximum size of 10Gb, all were 'autoextensible'.

Thanks in advance.
Re: tablespaces in autoextend settings [message #511052 is a reply to message #511050] Thu, 09 June 2011 04:39 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
The only precaution is to check that your storage level (file system, asm diskgroup) can support the max size you gave.
Otherwise have a process that verifies this storage used space level and warns you if it exceeds a limit you choose.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: How do I add disk to ASM diskgroup?
Next Topic: To Monitor the increment of space of the tablespace based on the table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 11:47:59 CDT 2024