Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Logminer Dictionary file- Large in Size (Oracle,11.1.0.6,RHEL 5, RAC-2 Node)
Logminer Dictionary file- Large in Size [message #494245] Sat, 12 February 2011 03:17 Go to next message
arunb1982
Hi ,

There is a offline_dictionary.ir file created by Logminer which is like 13G in our "DIAG" directory.

What is the significance of this file and can it be removed?

I tried to search about this file, but couldn't get much on this.

This is what I got from metalink doc id 755838.1

Quote:
2. HM_CREATE_OFFLINE_DICTIONARY
The job is created by the 11g script catmwin.sql which mentions that this is a job for creation of offline dictionary for Database Repair Advisor.
From unpublished Note 602459.1 - 'What Is OFFLINE_DICTIONARY': 'The system job SYS.HM_CREATE_OFFLINE_DICTIONARY executes the dbms_hm.create_offline_dictionary package which creates a LogMiner offline dictionary in the ADR for DRA name translation service. The job for generating the logminer dictionary is scheduled during the maintenance window. This job can be disabled. '

Thanks in advance.

Arun
Re: Logminer Dictionary file- Large in Size [message #494247 is a reply to message #494245] Sat, 12 February 2011 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If you don't use Log Miner then stop the job and drop the file.
Anyway this file is not mandatory to use Log Miner.

Regards
Michel
Re: Logminer Dictionary file- Large in Size [message #494249 is a reply to message #494247] Sat, 12 February 2011 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arunb1982
Hi Michel,

Thanks for the quick response and suggestions

We haven't enable any Logminer session and I checked all LOGMNR dictionary tables and all are returning 0 rows.

Usually I see this files getting populate during the maintenance window.

And about what job is to be disabled as per Oracle to disable this?

Are they talking about the scheduled maintenance window.(10PM to 6AM)?

Thanks,
Arun

[Updated on: Sat, 12 February 2011 04:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Logminer Dictionary file- Large in Size [message #494260 is a reply to message #494249] Sat, 12 February 2011 08:34 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
'The system job SYS.HM_CREATE_OFFLINE_DICTIONARY executes the dbms_hm.create_offline_dictionary package which creates a LogMiner offline dictionary

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Location of SPFILE - at Manual DB creation
Next Topic: no. of records in a table: count(*) or num_rows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 00:40:15 CDT 2024