Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » I just want to understand more about pulling tablespace (Source: Oracle 10g, Windows. Target: Oracle10g, AIX)
I just want to understand more about pulling tablespace [message #486354] Wed, 15 December 2010 01:44 Go to next message
trantuananh24hg
Good afternoon!

Now, I've got to move one database (10g, windows) to the other server which uses AIX, 10g. But, I've some inconveniences belows:

Total size about 1tb

In Source Database:
1- No more space in device to use DataPump
2- Uses file system

In Target Database:
1- Not much space left ~30gb mounted on /u01 is free
2- Uses ASM.

I thought about some method to transfer, eg: Transport tablespace, DataPump, but I could not. Why?

If I'll use datapump, there are no more space in Source DB to dump file.

If I'll use Transport tablespace, I must use RMAN to make a full backup, so to convert from filesystem to ASM. But I could not because of 10g free left in Source DB.

Some hours ago, I read one article about Pulling Tablespace, Embarassed , I'm sorry, the change/tranfer DB is very rare work to me.

May you clarify me more:
1- Can I use Pulling Tablespace method to transfer multi-tablespaces in my DBs?
2- The Pulling Tablespace can automatically convert from Little Edian (window) to Big Edian (AIX) - cross platform, doesn't it?
3- The Pulling Tablespace can convert from file system to ASM automatically, doesn't it?
4- If I use the method, must I copy datafile from Source to Target, and dump metadata in Source and copy to Target?
5- Do I use Pulling Tablespace in NoArchive mode (2 DBs are in NoArchive mode).

Thank you!

[Updated on: Wed, 15 December 2010 01:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I just want to understand more about pulling tablespace [message #486356 is a reply to message #486354] Wed, 15 December 2010 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Some hours ago, I read one article about Pulling Tablespace

Post a link to the article that we'll be able to read it and know what you are talking about.

Regards
Michel
Re: I just want to understand more about pulling tablespace [message #486357 is a reply to message #486356] Wed, 15 December 2010 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trantuananh24hg
Well, I've read carefully, it's impossible for me. Because of:

- In the target DB, must create a directory to delivery datafiles from source.

Uhmm, many datafiles in Source are total about 980gb, so that, I can not do it - Pulling tablespace.

Thank you!
Re: I just want to understand more about pulling tablespace [message #486360 is a reply to message #486357] Wed, 15 December 2010 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Received from PM:
trantuananh24hg wrote on Wed, 15 December 2010 09:03
This is the link:
http://www.oravn.com/viewtopic.php?t=813

This article mentions to use DBMS_STREAMS_TABLESPACE_ADM.PULL_SIMPLE_TABLESPACE which is the same thing than transportable tablespace but package. As the documentation said (http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14258/d_stsp_a.htm#i1001000):
Quote:
Specifically, this procedure performs the following actions:
1) Makes the specified tablespace read-only at the remote database if it is not read-only
2) Uses Data Pump to export the metadata for the tablespace
3) Uses a database link and the DBMS_FILE_TRANSFER package to transfer the datafile for the tablespace and the log file for the Data Pump export to the current database
4) Places the datafile for the specified tablespace and the log file for the Data Pump export in the specified directory at the local database
5) If this procedure made the tablespace read-only, then makes the tablespace read/write
6) Uses Data Pump to import the metadata for the tablespace in the at the local database

Anyway, you do it, if you want to move 1TB database into another you must have the space to embed it.
In addition, as you have different platforms, you must have space to convert datafile from source format to target one.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Wed, 15 December 2010 02:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I just want to understand more about pulling tablespace [message #486361 is a reply to message #486360] Wed, 15 December 2010 02:48 Go to previous message
trantuananh24hg
Thank you!

I'm sorry. I meant quote, but I press PM Very Happy
I just understand. Very Happy
Previous Topic: Reporting schema suggestions
Next Topic: Question about Differences in Versions according to init-parameter compatible
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 01:21:15 CDT 2024