Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » unable to connect to database (oracle 8.1.7, win 2000)
unable to connect to database [message #484122] Sat, 27 November 2010 11:20 Go to next message
ultgnp
Hi,

I have installed a database in D drive. I want to create another database in the same machine. I tried installing the new database using DBCA. Installation was ok. I added entry in TNS file.

When i try to login to this new database from other machine, i am unable to connect to this database. I made an entry in TNS on my local machine. It says the userid/password is wrong, even though they r correct. I am using the same password to delete the database.

Please help as its showing TNS error.

Thanks
Re: unable to connect to database [message #484123 is a reply to message #484122] Sat, 27 November 2010 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
It says the userid/password is wrong, even though they r correct

I tend to think that Oracle is right and you are wrong.
Nothing more can be said with what you posted.

Regards
Michel
Re: unable to connect to database [message #484133 is a reply to message #484123] Sat, 27 November 2010 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Please help as its showing TNS error.
ERROR? What Error? I don't see any error.

Is COPY & PASTE broken for you?
If not, please utilize them for problem resolution.
Re: unable to connect to database [message #484282 is a reply to message #484122] Mon, 29 November 2010 06:08 Go to previous message
janste
If you google your error message youl probably find your solution. Ether your instance is not runnig or you have a typo in your tnsnames.ora
To be sure that your username/passsword is correct try to connect directly on your database.
Previous Topic: oracle &timesten
Next Topic: which situation will scn increase?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 02:43:59 CDT 2024