Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel error (Oracle 11.1.0.6 on LInux (CentOS 2.6.18-92.1.13.el5))
ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel error [message #461806] Mon, 21 June 2010 10:51 Go to next message
larry_sun@hotmail.com
I have an urgent need your help. Here is the description of the problem:

We are running Oracle 11.1.0.6 on CentOS Linux at our local network. Two dozen users work from client's network to access this database. There are firewall and switches between the local network and client network. Everything run smoothly for last two years until about 10 days ago, something changed. The client on the client's network can still connect to this database, but they can not run large queries. Their client connection hangs and time out. I can see TNS-12535: TNS:operation timed out and TNS-00505: Operation timed out in the alertlog file. They even had problem to load stored procedures and views onto TOAD from your PC. All the user on the local network can work on this database normally.

We consulted network team and firewall team, none of them said they make any changes recently and have no firewall rule or others to block the traffic.

I have a strong feel that this is a network related problem. But don't know how to provide solid evidence to make network people/firewall people to buy it.

Can anybody have similar problem before? You can connect to the database but can't run query on large table/view?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel error [message #461807 is a reply to message #461806] Mon, 21 June 2010 11:19 Go to previous message
ramoradba
Similar here..
http://kr.forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1030123

sriram
Previous Topic: Troubleshooting job scheduling
Next Topic: migration of oracle 10gR2 to oracle 11gR2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 17:34:48 CDT 2024