Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » oracle questionaire (oracle 10g)
oracle questionaire [message #460841] Tue, 15 June 2010 03:47 Go to next message
vjgreat
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. Great to join this group.

I have been asked to prepare a questionaire for a customer. for example,
What Version of Oracle database and edition? And no of databases?
Whether ASM used, if so number of disk groups?
What is the database size?
What is the SGA size?
What is the PGA size?
No of application schemas?
Is it uses raw disk file?

so anyone has a template which has basic oracle questions to be probed to a customer?

Regards,
Hari
Re: oracle questionaire [message #460845 is a reply to message #460841] Tue, 15 June 2010 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I doubt anyone has such a template, sounds like you've got the start of one anyway.
I'm really not sure what sort of customer you plan on asking these questions, customers shouldn't care about such things, software vendors on the other hand should.
Re: oracle questionaire [message #461598 is a reply to message #460845] Sat, 19 June 2010 10:49 Go to previous message
jack124
Determining the PGA size is a critical part of Oracle RAM tuning. Each PGA RAM region is allocated for every dedicated connection, and the size is determined as follows:

* OS Overhead - "Program Global Area (PGA):OS Overhead" We reserve 2 meg for Windows and 1 meg for UNIX.
* Sort_area_size parameter value - " Program Global Area (PGA): Sort_area_size" This RAM is used for data row sorting inside the PGA.
* Hash_area_size parameter value - " Program Global Area (PGA) :Hash_area_size " This RAM defaults to 1.5 times sort_area_size and is used for performing hash joins of Oracle tables.

Previous Topic: user defined database paramters (eg environment variables)
Next Topic: neede help with oracle partitioning installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 16:50:35 CDT 2024