Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Opatch connectstring usage (10.2.0.4 , Solaris 10)
Opatch connectstring usage [message #454369] Wed, 05 May 2010 05:18 Go to next message
lalitm_2003
Hi Experts,
I have on query regrading opatch connectstring parameter.
Is this parameter allow you to tell the database name on which the patch to be applied in the environment where we are running multiple databases under the same home?

As per 11g documents, it says:

Quote:

connectString

Specifies the list of database instances on which the patch needs to be applied. Specify the value for this option using the following syntax:

SID:User:Passwd:Node

Example:

oracle:dba:dba:mymachine,oracle1:::

The SID is required, but you can disregard the other parameters if desired, because OPatch provides default values for them.

Note: If the system is not part of a RAC setup and you want to patch just the local node, provide the node name as an empty string.

I have very limited knowledge on new features of 11g. Can you please let me know the usage of this.
I am asking this because in our testing & dev environment, we are running 10 databases under the same oracle home. And we need to apply 3 performance patches for bugs in on the testing database.
But i don't want that because of these patches, my dev databases affected which are sharing the oracle_home with testing database.
Your advice is really appreciated.

Regards
Lalit

[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2010 05:33] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Opatch connectstring usage [message #454691 is a reply to message #454369] Thu, 06 May 2010 23:06 Go to previous message
lalitm_2003
Hi Experts,
No comment till now Sad
Is my understanding with this parameter is wrong. Because till 10gR2 its not possible to patch.

Regards
Lalit
Previous Topic: Cannot start Database 10g
Next Topic: Insert a user id automatically in table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 13:41:03 CDT 2024