Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Creation of Tree structure using PL/SQL
Creation of Tree structure using PL/SQL [message #370343] Tue, 31 August 1999 08:54 Go to next message
Anand
Is it possible to create a tree structure ( as in 'C' )
using PL/SQL or a sorted array kind of thing for faster processing of repetative data ? If so How do we do it ?
Re: Creation of Tree structure using PL/SQL [message #370352 is a reply to message #370343] Wed, 01 September 1999 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
krishna
Anand,

Yes it is possible to create a tree structure
using sql*plus/pl/sql , Try using the
a combination of
START WITH & CONNECT BY commands in sql.
Get back to me if you have problems.

krishna
Re: Creation of Tree structure using PL/SQL [message #370522 is a reply to message #370352] Wed, 15 December 1999 05:17 Go to previous message
Vincent de Haan
Hi,

I have a followup question on this,

Is it besides following the tree with 'start with' and 'connect by' possible to save the previous levels in a view.

This because I want to handle the data in Crystal Reports, wich does not understand the above mentioned commands.

So what I would like to get is a view with the foriegn keys of all levels of the tree. Of course this would mean that the tree will no longer be endless extensible, but that does not mather to me because i have a predefined tree depth.

Hope someone knows a sollution for this,

Vincent de Haan
Previous Topic: Oracle sql query vs DBA functionality
Next Topic: Is the incomin field contains date
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 15 23:58:00 CDT 2024