Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How To Get the username that is currently Proxy To (Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.2.0.1.0)
How To Get the username that is currently Proxy To [message #674664] Thu, 07 February 2019 15:04 Go to previous message
wtolentino
how can i get the username of the proxy that is currently connected to the database.

for example DemoTest connects to a database using proxy to DemoProxy.

sqlplus DemoTest[DemoProxy]/TempPwd123@dbDevelopment

i need to see on the query that it is the DemoTest that is proxied as DemoProxy.

i tried using the v$session and v$session_connect_info in the hope of seeing the DemoTest will appear as the one who is using the DemoProxy but it is not.
select * 
  from v$session join V$SESSION_CONNECT_INFO using (sid, serial#) 
 where authentication_type = 'PROXY';

example of results/output:
SID	SERIAL#	USERNAME	STATUS	       SCHEMANAME	OSUSER	        MACHINE	        TERMINAL
------- ------- --------------- -------------- ---------------- --------------- --------------- -----------
1348	79436	DEMOPROXY	INACTIVE       DEMOPROXY	scott     	ORAMacIOS	ORAMacIOS
1348	79436	DEMOPROXY	INACTIVE       DEMOPROXY	scott    	ORAMacIOS	ORAMacIOS
1348	79436	DEMOPROXY	INACTIVE       DEMOPROXY	scott   	ORAMacIOS	ORAMacIOS

what i see on the result of the query is that the username is DEMOPROXY and schemaname is DEMOPROXY.

our purpose is to see all of the current users who are using a proxy. we would like to see the actual username who is using the proxy or connected to the proxy.

please help.

thank you.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Oracle database character set.
Next Topic: Need Help for Temp Tablespace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:18:31 CDT 2024