Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor [message #669983] Mon, 28 May 2018 04:46 Go to next message
JaviCZ
I have two Intranet servers and one in the cloud that connects me through VPN. My intention is to be enabled for REDUCTION and for that I need to do a Shutdown and a Starup. but in doing so he returns me:

ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

On the intranet versuon I did not have problems to restart the ORACLE from the sqlplus but in the cloud have this problem. I do not have a sqlnet.ora file and I use the version of Oracle 11 g2 XE.

- My tnsnames.ora is:

XE =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = [dominio] )(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SERVICE_NAME = XE)
    )
  )

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC_FOR_XE))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SID = PLSExtProc)
      (PRESENTATION = RO)
    )
  )

- And my listener.ora is:

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
      (ORACLE_HOME = /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/xe)
      (PROGRAM = extproc)
    )
  )

LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC_FOR_XE))
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = [dominio] )(PORT = 1521))
    )
  )

DEFAULT_SERVICE_LISTENER = (XE)

In the intranet version only changes the HOST from [domain] to 'intranet'. 'intranet' returns 172.160.0.1, but in the cloud it returns an external IP. I have tried to modify the host to localhost or an internal ip but the result is the same.

When I connect I create the following variables from the PUTTY, which are the same as in the intranet (and the structure is the same as it is a replica)

export ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle
export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/xe
export ORACLE_SID=XE
export ORACLE_TERM=xterm
export ORACLE_OWNER=oracle
export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib
export NLS_LANG=SPANISH_SPAIN.AL32UTF8
export NLS_DATE_FORMAT='DD/MM/YYYY HH24:MI:SS'
export NLS_TIMESTAMP_FORMAT='DD/MM/YYYY HH24:MI:SS'
export NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS='.,'

I have tried everything and more with what I have trouble restarting the DB when it is working and having to eject the users connected. Every time I try to turn the database on and off from the SQLPLUS it returns this error and I have to go to the Service to stop it and raise it. Fact that makes it unable to activate the Archivelog.

Someone knows what it can be, I would appreciate it if you would help me.

Greetings and thanks
Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor [message #669985 is a reply to message #669983] Mon, 28 May 2018 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read the OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use code tags and make your code easier to read

Quote:
I have two Intranet servers and one in the cloud
Who is your cloud service provider?

Quote:
My intention is to be enabled for REDUCTION
what do you mean by "reduction"?
Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor [message #669986 is a reply to message #669983] Mon, 28 May 2018 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Quote:
My intention is to be enabled for REDUCTION
What does this mean?

Quote:
Fact that makes it unable to activate the Archivelog.
ARCHIVELOG should be ON from the beginning and never changed.

1/ Your listener should listen on the 2 IP addresses, I don't know if it possible with XE.
2/ Otherwise you have to have an intermediate component to forward the request to the actual listener; as you are with XE you can't use Connection Manager but you can use something like the Perl program I posted in this topic: Oracle Net proxy. This program is just a starter.

Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor [message #669987 is a reply to message #669983] Mon, 28 May 2018 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
JaviCZ wrote on Mon, 28 May 2018 02:46
I have two Intranet servers and one in the cloud that connects me through VPN. My intention is to be enabled for REDUCTION and for that I need to do a Shutdown and a Starup. but in doing so he returns me:

ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
is parameter LOCAL_LISTENER properly set?
Re: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor [message #670136 is a reply to message #669983] Sun, 10 June 2018 02:35 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Any feedback?
Did you solve your problem? How?

Previous Topic: Public or private database link.
Next Topic: How connect Oracle Forms with sql server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:37:45 CDT 2024